Internal Audit Unit
The Internal Audit Unit is an independent appraisal unit in the ministry that reports administratively to the permanent secretary (controlling officer).
- To determine the accuracy of financial transactions
- To determine the level of compliance with government policies, laws, contracts and procedures
- To evaluate financial and operational systems/processes for effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls and provide advice and guidance on control aspects of new policies, systems and procedures
- To verify the existence of government assets and recommend improvements to management to ensure that proper safeguards are maintained to protect them from loss and possible fraud
- To provide an advisory service to controlling and accounting officers
- To provide internal audit reports to the ministerial audit committee.
Financial regulations in place;
- To sensitize and orient the three services both within and outside Lusaka in various financial management aspects
- To generate and produce financial reports for ultimate production of Government financial reports.