Department of Finance
The unit is responsible for financial management and accounting.
Its functions are:-
To provide advice and guidance to the controlling officer on financial management;
To facilitate interpretation, implementation and coordination of the utilization of public funds in line with public finance act and other
Internal audit is an independent appraisal unit in the ministry that reports functionally and administratively to the permanent secretary (controlling officer).
- To determine the accuracy of financial transactions;
- To determine the level of compliance with government policies, laws, contracts and procedures;
- To evaluate financial and operational systems/processes for effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls and provide advice and guidance on control aspects of new policies, systems and procedures;
- To verify the existence of government assets and recommend improvements to management to ensure that proper safeguards are maintained to protect them from loss and possible fraud;
- To provide an advisory service to controlling and accounting officers; and
- To provide internal audit reports to the ministerial audit committee.
Financial regulations in place;
Iii. To sensitize and orient the three services both within and outside lusaka in various financial management aspects; and
- To generate and produce financial reports for ultimate production of grz financial reports.